Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and since we don’t usually go all out for it, it always sneaks upon me. To get-ahead this year I wanted to share some of my favorite Valentines Day gift ideas. I’ve included ideas for her (A.K.A. what I’d love, ha!), and for him. We usually just have dinner together at a favorite place to eat, but I wouldn’t mind snagging of these gifts for him as well. Read on to see the full list!
Late last year I decided that I wanted to move towards more natural skincare products as a part of my beauty routine. I’ve always leaned that way, but honestly didn’t know where to start. I had a few favorites, but really wanted to get into some and test them out. Between new brands reaching out, and my own shopping habit I discovered some products I haven’t heard of before, and rediscovered some old favorites. I’ve compiled all of them into a big list (grouped by type) and shared my thoughts.
Keep reading to see the full list and read reviews.
Do you have any favorite natural skincare products? Have you tried any of these that are listed? I’d love to hear your thoughts!Read More
I don’t know if it’s just me this year, but I feel like the entire month of January has been one huge case of the Monday’s. At the start of the month I felt so energized and ready to take on so many huge goals I’ve had but the excitement faded a bit when life got in the way. I start a project and get interrupted only to forget where I was and having to recount each step along the way. It’s not productive.
I often keep a to-do list next to my computer, and even use my google calendar for some of my to-do’s, but nothing really satisfies me like crossing something off of an actual list. I do lots of work on a “week-by-week” basis, so I’ve created a weekly to-do list so that I can plan my week accordingly. I include my ‘must-do’ items at the top, and organize others by times of day or priority.
I’m sharing my printable to-do list with you today just in case you might need a little boost in productivity like I did. It prints in 5×7″ size, so you can either use 5×7″ paper, or print two on one piece of paper. If you get really fancy you can even print 4, 2 on each side. I like to keep mine on a small clipboard so I don’t lose it as easily.
You can download the file here.
Our Master Bedroom has been an ongoing project for the last few months (and a thorn in my side). Ever since we gave the boys their own rooms and decided to have a bedroom ofice, (aka moved our office into our closet, now our “Cloffice”), our space has been in disarray. It doesn’t feel like the peaceful refuge I want it to be, and instead feels like an ongoing mess that gets shuffled from one place to another. It’s not very productive for either of us to work, sleep, or get ready in and I’ve reached my breaking point.
1. CB2 Copper Arc Table Lamp / 2. Copenhagen City Buildings Map Print (Also, SF!) / 3. Marble Utensil Holder / 4. CB2 Mad Black Office Chair / 5. Ikea Tjena Box With Lid / 6. Christy Linens Odessa Throw (in actual photo ℅, similar here) / 7. H&M Linen Duvet Set in Light Gray / 8. West Elm Mid-Century Bed in Acorn / 9. CB2 Infinity 24″ Round Mirror / 10. Umbra Tesora Jewelry Box / 11. Rose Gold Hangers / 12. Rose Gold Umbra Senza Photo Frame / 13. Ikea Nordli 3-Drawer Chest
Above is my plan to rejuvenate our space, and make it feel a little more functional. Below I’ve explained a little more in detail about why I chose each item.
1. CB2 Copper Arc Table Lamp / This works as a desk lamp in the closet.
2. Copenhagen City Buildings Map Print (Also, SF!) / I don’t think this needs a huge explanation, I love Copenhagen.
3. Marble Utensil Holder / Not only is it marble (love!), it works as the perfect pencil holder.
4. CB2 Mad Black Office Chair / I haven’t been able to try this out yet, but it looks cozy and compact enough.
5. Ikea Tjena Box With Lid / For the top shelf of the closet to hide any unsightly storage.
6. Christy Linens Odessa Throw (in actual photo ℅, similar here) / This throw is soft and cozy, and I love the texture of it.
7. H&M Linen Duvet Set in Light Gray / We’ve had this for awhile now, sometimes it looks light blue instead.
8. West Elm Mid-Century Bed in Acorn / We’ve had this bed since our last room update and love it.
9. CB2 Infinity 24″ Round Mirror / For above the dresser in my new “walk-in” closet.
10. Umbra Tesora Jewelry Box / Love the size and lining in this jewelry box. It’s perfect to sort my baubles.
11. Rose Gold Hangers / Aren’t these magical? I want some just for display, haha.
12. Rose Gold Umbra Senza Photo Frame / Something to hold a photo or two of us.
13. Ikea Nordli 3-Drawer Chest / I love the clean look of these, and put some in my son’s room too.