Although the last month or so has felt like a blur, we’ve been in our new place for a couple of weeks now and for the first time in a long time I feel like I can finally start to come up for air. In the last month we’ve…
- Made the decision to leave our home of 7.5 years. This was not an easy decision.
- Given notice without having a new place to live. We really had no choice.
- Looked at a crazy amount of rental listings online.
- Toured 3 very different places all around our same area.
- Applied for 2 houses and sat with our fingers crossed over a holiday weekend.
- Accepted the lease to our new place to call home.
- Decluttered, or more like attempted to speed-declutter most of our old place.
- Had a yard sale, donated items, and listed plenty for “free-on-curb” on craigslist.
- Said goodbye to our cat after 10 years, She is going to make a great companion for my Grandparents (long story, we visit very often).
- Packed up our entire lives and moved everything all in one day to our new place.
- Unpacked our entire new house and started the downsizing process.
- Cleaned up, patched, painted, and spiffied up any spots that might need it on the old place.
- Completing our final walk through 5 days early.
- Had another moving sale and parted ways with a lot of what doesn’t fit in the new place.
If you insert a few breakdowns here and there, lots of tears, and even more meltdowns and sore muscles it’s pretty accurate. We’ve also seen an outpouring of support from our friends and family and I’m so very thankful for the help offered. Here are a few photos from life in the last month…
Now hopefully we’ll be able to start settling in to our new life and fresh start here. I’ll be back to work soon, I promise!