You may recognize these photos (and this garland!) from my baby shower or cupcake party. Quite some time ago I fell in love with this garland from BHLDN but the price was not all that attractive and neither was the description of “green” dots when I wanted something more gold. I decided to make my own and didn’t feel like busting out my sewing machine so I used stickers/labels and thread. To do this yourself you will need:
- 1.25″ round labels (Paper Source, Mine were gold.)
- Thread (Mine was metallic gold. You could also use fishing line for a “floating” look?)
- Tape or anything to hang the thread on.
1. Find the end of your thread and use the tape to tape it to the wall, a table, or wherever you’d like to start to hang the garland. Alternatively you could tie it to a thumb tack, a nail, hook, etc.
2. Then add two labels back to back (sticky sides together) to create the “dots” look. I didn’t measure my spacing exactly, I just eyeballed it. They are spaced about 12″ apart. Continue this until you reach your desired length. Since I wanted mine to go back and forth across the room I would use my tape to secure it to the beam/wall when I reached a turning point. at the end I simply trimmed the thread.
For easy storage, wrap it around an empty tissue paper roll. You do not want it to get tangled. Trust me, this was a very last minute project before my baby shower and the tangled mess that was a result of me dropping the string almost caused a really horrible pregnancy melt down (Husband with more patience than his pregnant wife to the rescue!).