I always feel like just before Spring starts is the time I start to think about Spring decorating options. I don’t typically decorate for every holiday, but I like to give my house a little refresh after the start of the year. It makes me feel like the new year has officially begun, and it keeps things exciting. Lately I’ve gravitated towards darker colors and grays, along with some rose gold or copper accents. I love to bring in more florals or botanicals in the spring, and now that I think about it, they never really leave. My house might feel like a jungle soon.
We have a couple of rooms in limbo right now, mainly the living and dining room and I’d love to get those squared away. I also still need to put the finishing touches on our room, and finish up Aiden’s new “pre-teen” room. After that, I’d love to get our yard ready for the warm California Summer we’re probably going to have. There are lots of weeds to be pulled, and a garden to plant!
Image via Modern Findings.
1. H&M Jute Rug / We finally had to let go of a couple of doormats that were falling apart. I love that this is made from a natural material, and doesn’t break the bank.
2. Guapaca Soft Grey Alpaca Throw / When my husband and I were dating, he brought back some Alpaca throws from a trip to Peru. I fell in love with how soft they are and love to find items that are similar for our home.
3. Pillowmatic Tropical Pillow Cover / About those plants… I love the tropical feel of this, and feel like it might be a better addition for Summer, but love the green and plant-vibe it gives off.
4. SORT London Marble Cement Pot / I’m always a sucker for marble. This little pot would look adorable with one of my plant-babies in it. I’m also on the hunt for a new terrarium to put some air plants in. I have a couple without homes!
5. Borosilicate Glass Tea Pot / We’re big tea drinkers. This week a couple of us have been down with a bug that’s going around, and warm vanilla tea has been a lifesaver.
6. H&M Large Copper Wire Basket / The cat got ahold of my favorite basket to store blankets in and it has seen better days. I guess she’s not friends with her scratch post any longer.
8. H&M Velvet Cushion Cover / A more likely purchase for me than the tropical print one. I feel like it will stand a better test of time and span across more seasons.
9. World Market Metal Display Cabinet / We recently had to replace our media stand in the living room, which shares a wall with the dining room and now our old dining console looks odd on the same wall. I’m loving the black cabinets in Scandinavian style homes lately, and this would be a perfect addition.
Copyright Kristian Septimius Krogh via (my) unfinished home.
Do you have any items you’d like to get ahold of for your Spring decorating? I’d love to hear!
I have a little giveaway lined up with a few friends for you to enter to win a $500 Spring shopping spree. Simply enter by completing entries in the widget below. For every item you complete, you’ll receive one entry. The giveaway is open internationally and runs until 2/24/2016. The winner will be announced on the widget, so check back here to see if you’ve won. Best of luck!
The Styled Fox
Apparel Junky / L. Avenue / DoSayGive / Audrey Madison Stowe / Style in a Small Town
Michelle’s Paige / Saltwater and Stilettos / Sequins & Strawberries / Living In Style OC / Lauren McBride
Fashion & Frills / Hearts of Gold Blog / Afternoon Espresso / Polished Closets / Wild One Forever
LivvyLand / The Closet Crush / The South Coast Movement / Sophisticated Whimsy / Chic Talk
Tanvii.com /ellesees / Hej Doll / Vandi Fair / Style Souffle