Today I’m sharing with you my favorite cranberry sauce recipe. It’s based on my favorite recipe for jam that I started making years ago. Each year I’ve made slight changes to the flavor and consistency, and this year I think is my favorite. It’s thick and not too sweet or tart.
Favorite Cranberry Sauce Recipe
16 oz (1 package) fresh cranberries
1 c of sugar
zest of 1 orange
1 stick of cinnamon (or appropriate amount of powdered)
1/3 – 1/2c orange juice
1. Add all ingredients except juice to pot.
2. Add 1/3c – 1/2c orange juice to pot depending on how thick you want your sauce to be.
3. Cover with lid and cook on medium heat until all cranberries have popped (20-30 minutes). Check often as it may bubble over.
4. Remove from heat and let cool to warm. Transfer to serve dish and cover. I always use a jar because it’s easy for storage and functional.
5. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be served warm or cool.
I don’t know exact serving size, but this dish has always been enough to serve for Thanksgiving with some left over. And it’s a hit for friendsgiving celebrations too!
What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?