The California central coast is one of our favorite places to visit because we live so close, and I even shared a Santa Cruz city guide not too long ago. It’s not often that we get to stay the night, so I’m really excited to stay in a unique accommodation at the Santa Cruz/ Monterey KOA Kampground and would love to hear about your favorite off the beaten path places in that area. We’ve done a lot of the major tourist stuff already, but would love to explore more of Monterey. So far I have:
- See Old Fisherman’s Wharf (I know, it’s touristy but we haven’t spent much time there.)
- Do 17 Mile Drive (Haven’t done this either, shocking!)
- See Dennis the Menace Park (Always a favorite.)
- See Del Monte Beach (We’ve only been here once.)
- Eat at Ghiradelli (Cookies!)
- Do ride the Monterey Bay Coast Trail
- See Point Pinos Lighthouse
- See Lover’s Point
- See Fort Ord National Monument
- See Elkhorn Slough Preserve
- See Moss Landing State Wildlife Area
- See Steinbeck House (Of Mice & Men!)
- See The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park
As you can see, my list is not very long and I’m a little short on food choices.
Have you been to Monterey Bay? Do you have anything to add, or do you have any tips for us? I’d love to hear them in the comments!