Over a year ago I wrote this post about keeping your home safe while you’re away. At that point we weren’t ready to go the security camera route, but a few months ago we did and haven’t looked back. We ended up purchasing an Arlo Security Camera System and it’s been the best piece of mind for when we’re away or when I’m home without Steve. Ultimately, it makes a more secure home. So when I had the chance to partner with Netgear to share the Arlo, I jumped on it. They offered to send over a couple of extra cameras for our system in exchange for my honest review. I’m always up for gushing about a product we already use and love.
We really love our Arlo System, and here are a few reasons why:
- Wireless cameras don’t require any wiring or contracts, which is perfect since we’re renters.
- Mobile base system with magnetic attachment makes it easy to move cameras around as we see fit.
- Cameras are small and can be mounted in less obvious places. Alternative mounts are available, we had to use one on our front gate.
- We receive motion notifications on our phones. There is even an app for the pebble watch.
- We can view the camera feeds and archived video remotely from a computer or phone.
- Adjustable motion sensors and night vision make them easily adapt to night time.
- Weatherproof cameras can be placed inside, outside, or wherever you see fit.
- The cameras can be programmed with predetermined schedules which can be turned off or on according to your schedule.
- You can update the camera settings via the app, or a web browser on the computer.
- Very easy to add cameras, it’s close to plug and play.
I could gush on about all of the things we love about these cameras, but here are a few we didn’t:
- There is a separate box that plugs into your router. I don’t know why this bother’s me, probably because our router is shoved in a closet in Søren’s room.
- The mounts are magnetic, which makes it easy to move the cameras, but also easy to steal.
- We had to purchase a different mount for our front gate not only for positioning, but to deter theft as well.
Overall we really, really love the Arlo Security Cameras and I honestly gush to everyone I know about them. I’ve even been thinking about purchasing a starter kit for loved ones. Plus, they help keep that smiling face (below) safer. Doesn’t that make it all worth it?
This post wasn’t sponsored by Netgear, but they were kind enough to send us a couple of extra cameras for our system. All thoughts, opinions, and photos are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the sponsors that make life here at Team Wiking a little more special.
Do you use a security camera system? How do you keep your home more secure?