You may recognize these photos (and this garland!) from my baby shower or cupcake party. Quite some time ago I fell in love with this garland from BHLDN but the price was not all that attractive and neither was the description of “green” dots when I wanted something more gold. I decided to make my own and didn’t feel like busting out my sewing machine so I used stickers/labels and thread. To do this yourself you will need:
- 1.25″ round labels (Paper Source, Mine were gold.)
- Thread (Mine was metallic gold. You could also use fishing line for a “floating” look?)
- Tape or anything to hang the thread on.
1. Find the end of your thread and use the tape to tape it to the wall, a table, or wherever you’d like to start to hang the garland. Alternatively you could tie it to a thumb tack, a nail, hook, etc.
2. Then add two labels back to back (sticky sides together) to create the “dots” look. I didn’t measure my spacing exactly, I just eyeballed it. They are spaced about 12″ apart. Continue this until you reach your desired length. Since I wanted mine to go back and forth across the room I would use my tape to secure it to the beam/wall when I reached a turning point. at the end I simply trimmed the thread.
For easy storage, wrap it around an empty tissue paper roll. You do not want it to get tangled. Trust me, this was a very last minute project before my baby shower and the tangled mess that was a result of me dropping the string almost caused a really horrible pregnancy melt down (Husband with more patience than his pregnant wife to the rescue!).
Your TW on the bottom corner. I like your “W”…. is it a font, or did you adjust a font to make the W that way? Either way, I like it a lot.
It is the font “Walkway Condensed SemiBold”. 🙂
My favorite are very nice.
I am going to do this for my wedding!
I love how festive these look, I’d want to leave them up all year! The tutorial is super simple too. Great post!
that is good article,i like it,i will be back,if you like our site,i will link to you,thank you
i read your article and loave it so much ,thank you so much.
Thanks for sharing this, its great 🙂