I feel like living by the beach, and traveling the world to see them has made me into a pro at packing for a beach trip. Today I’m sharing with you my favorite beach bag essentials, whether you’re just going for the day or are staying on the beach somewhere.
3. After Sun Care – Being in the sun is dehydrating for your skin, especially if you happen to get sunburned. I love this after sun care from Herbivore. It contains soothing aloe and is way easier to apply than normal lotion. I have the 8oz bottle because we have a family of four, but I recommend the 2oz for travel or personal use. Prevention is better than after-care though, so don’t forget sunblock! Our tried-and-true very favorite is this one by California Baby. Sure it makes you look a little less tan, but we’ve never burned while wearing it and it rates well on the EWG’s guide to safe sunscreen.
4. Sea Salt Spray – My hair gets so wind-whipped and messy while at the beach, and this sea salt spray for some reason helps keep the flyaways tame without me having to take a dip in the ocean. Sometime I use it to style my hair on an everyday basis to give it that California beachy look.
6. Cuyana Silk Cover Up – This has been my favorite go-to beach cover up for a couple of years now. It’s seasonally stocked, but this dress from American Apparel reminds me of it. In a pinch I wear it with bottoms as part of an outfit (it’s a little sheer).
7. Sunbrella XL – We have this in silver and it goes to the beach any time we do. It’s very easy to setup (even for me alone at 5’4″), and easy to carry as well. I bought a yoga strap to attach to it for more comfortable carrying. The sun is no joke and this is more than large enough to cover us relaxing and the kids playing in the sand if we want to. It also helps block the wind, and if it’s too windy out, I like to fill a Baggu Bag with sand and wrap it around the handle a few times then tie it off to keep it secure.
8. Slip on Shoes – I used to only wear sandals or flip flops to the beach, but if we’re headed to any of our favorites you can bet there is a little hiking involved, sometimes down a cliffside. I prefer to have shoes that won’t slip while I’m navigating my way down to the beach with gear or a toddler in tow.
9. Turkish Towel – These are so light and easy to shake the sand out of. I honestly can’t believe I ever used traditional towels. They also double as a blanket or scarf while traveling.
What are your favorite beach bag essentials?
Shop the post:
Now for the giveaway!
A group of bloggers and I have teamed up to bring you another amazing giveaway. Two lucky winners this time! The grand prize winner will receive a brand new 13.3″ Macbook Air and the second prize will receive a Canon Camera kit which includes camera body, 2 lenses, camera bag, strap, tutorial DVD, and many more! Open to international contestants and must be 18+. Please review the full Terms & Conditions prior to entering. The more accounts you follow, the more chances you have of winning! We will pick the winners who are following all accounts. Good luck!