I made heart shaped creme wafer cookies for Aiden to share at school. I’ve been making them for 4 years now and I have yet to find a cookie that tastes better than these. My mom gave me the recipe and now I’m giving it to you. It yields about 60 small sandwiched cookies.
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup margarine or butter (softened)
1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Mix the ingredients to a dough and chill for an hour.
2. Roll out half at a time to 1/8″ thick and cut into 1 1/2″ rounds (or whatever shape you want to use, it needs to be small though).
3. Carefully dip both sides of cookie in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
4. Poke with fork 4 times – I always forget this part.
5. Bake 7-9 mins at 375 degrees.
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla (or lemon, or almond, or peppermint) extract
1/4 cup margarine or butter (softened)
food color if desired
1. Mix all filling ingredients until smooth, add a few drops of water if needed.
2. Place a small amount between two cooled cookies.
3. Try not to eat them all!