This post contains affiliate links.
While it may be tempting to update your manicure during and between winter holidays, finding extra time to do anything during the month of December always seems near impossible for me. Today I’m sharing the perfect recipe for a holiday mani that works for both Christmas and New Years, and for the rest of the year too. Lately I’ve heard a lot about magnetic manicures, so I thought I’d give one a try. I added a darker base layer to give it more dimension. I won’t go on and on about it, but it is even more stunning in video than it is in photos.
- Basis of Everything by Smith & Cult
- Cocoa Jelly by Cirque Colors, or Memento Mori by Cirque Colors for a darker look.
- Halo by Cirque Colors
- Cirque Colors Magnetic Wand
- Above it All by Smith & Cult
To achieve this look:
- Add a coat of your favorite base coat to every nail, mine is Basis of Everything by Smith & Cult.
- Add a single or double coat of dark polish to every nail. I used a single coat of Cocoa Jelly by Cirque Colors in these photos. I’ve also tried it with Memento Mori by Cirque Colors to add even more contrast.
- One nail at a time, add 2-3 coats of Halo by Cirque Colors, then hold the magnetic wand over your nail in the pattern that you’d like. I used 3 coats. Be sure to let it start to dry before removing the wand. The closer you are with the wand/magnet the more defined the shape will be.
- Let your nails dry fully. If you don’t, they might shift when you add the top coat.
- Finish off with 1-2 coats of top coat. I use Above it All by Smith & Cult.