This post is sponsored by World Market.
The start of Spring is officially this month, and with as much rain as we’ve had in California, I’m entirely ready. Decorating for the seasons is not something I do so much when it comes to making major adjustments, but minor ones I am completely down for. I’ve been in the mood to lighten up our space for spring, so today I’ve partnered with World Market to share my updated, lighter and brighter living room along with some other favorite finds for Spring.
1. Switched out my black and white striped rug for this Light Gray Emilie Wool Rug. I feel like the new rug really helps to brighten the room up, not to mention it’s the right size for the space!
2. Added a round black tray with some decorative items like plants, coasters, and a candle. It adds a little warmth to the space
3. The sheepskin rug in my side chair has always been gray, but I moved a darker pillow from the couch for contrast.
4. I added a bookshelf to act as a console on one side of the living room. It helps to balance the room and gives me a place to serve food when I have a small get-together.
5. The small Barcelona Vase I added to the media console has just enough weight to sit next to the tv without being overwhelmed. The leaves are outer clippings from my white bird of paradise plant outside.
Shop The Look:
What are some of your favorite ways to refresh your space for Spring?
This post was sponsored by World Market, a place I’ve loved and shopped at for years. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for helping to support the sponsors that make life here a little sweeter.
Thanks to share with us. This looks so fabulous! I can’t wait to decorate when we move. so really nice…
Thanks to share with us..That coffee table is amazing! I love all the serene and neutral colors – right up my alley! The styling is perfection!
Absolutely love the decor! It’s beautiful! Makes me want to find some cute spring decor for my sitting area!
These are great tips. I just recently returned from a four day trip to LA. I swear the hardest thing to pack was my shoes. Of-course I had to have three pair, one to go with each outfit.
I love these updates!! Your place looks amazing!
Love the little plant – i have the same one next to my bed and it really got big this year. Love how tropical it make the whole room feel
I love how the right plants, florals and greenery can transition a space into other seasons. Its one of nature’s many gifts. 🙂
This looks so fabulous! I can’t wait to decorate when we move.
@trendyinindy || trendyinindy.com
oh my gosh I absolutely love these updates! You space looks amazing
That coffee table is amazing! I love all the serene and neutral colors – right up my alley! The styling is perfection!
I’m all about adding green, but it’s hard sometimes, because my cat ends up messing with the plants!
Ahh, oh no! My cat is not a big plant-eater, luckily, but we have plenty of trouble keeping her from scratching on things. We try to keep her bed and scratcher misted with catnip spray, maybe that might help you too? You can grow it on your own and it can be for the cat?
Hi there. I’m new to your blog (found you through Unfancy!) so I apologise if you’ve done posts covering this question before. How do you manage to keep such a beautifully decorated and calm house while having kids? I feel like my kids would take one look at this living room and destroy it in about 10 seconds! It might be just because they are 1.5 and 5 (not sure how old yours are). But I wish I didn’t have to wait an odd decade to have a peaceful relaxing adult living room! My space is so full of toys on a daily basis. And I have tried to banish the toys to the kids bedrooms on many occasions…they take about the same 10 seconds to be brought back out all over the house. We have a small open concept style house. But that only increases my desire for a calm living and kitchen area. Any tips?