This post contains affiliate links.
In the summertime I always find myself craving greens. I know that salad doesn’t have the best reputation for flavor, but I promise this one is sure to deliver. One of my favorite fruits is a white nectarine and when paired with the peppery essence of baby arugula, it makes for a perfectly balanced light summer salad.
Simple Summer Salad
4 servings, 10 minutes.
Pictured above: Crate & Barrel Welcome II Small Serving Bowl, CB2 Gold Salad Servers (similar / similar), Crate & Barrel Welcome II Salad Plate, H&M Striped Throw (similar), H&M Wooden Candle Holders (similar), H&M Charcoal Gray Washed Linen Napkin, Straight taper candles (angled similar),Unfinished bentwood side chair, & this salad.
As a note, these amounts are estimates and true numbers won’t matter much. You can adjust based on taste.
- 4 handfuls of baby arugula
- 1 white nectarine
- 1 pint blackberries, rinsed and drained.
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped raw pecans.
- 1-2 sprigs of mint.
- Juice and zest of 1 lime.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar.
- sea salt & pepper
- large bowl to mix and serve.
- small bowl / cup to mix dressing.
- salad server set, or something to toss with.
- cutting board
- Add baby arugula to large bowl.
- Remove mint leaves from stems and add to large bowl.
- Zest lime over baby arugula in large bowl.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice into small bowl.
- Thinly slice nectarine and add to large bowl.
- Add blackberries to large bowl.
- (Optional) Toast pecans and almond slices in pan over medium heat until slightly golden.
- Add chopped pecans and sliced almonds to bowl.
- Mix olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and lime juice in small bowl to create dressing.
- Prior to serving, drizzle dressing over ingredients in large bowl and toss.
This recipe can be adjusted depending on how many people you’re serving. I’ve adjusted and served it to a dozen people and still kept the same amount of blackberries. The most important ratio to maintain is for the dressing.