If you’re a busy person like me, deciding what to clean out of your closet is the easy part of closet clean out. The hardest part is actually letting those items go in the right moment. Sometimes I feel an emotional attachment to my clothing and a sense of guilt for letting items go. They’ve served their purpose for me now and are ready to leave. In the moment I am ready and willing, but then they find their way to the donate box in the garage where I eventually find them later. Finding time to drive them to a donation center or listing them for sale isn’t always easy for me. Today I’m sharing an easy way to let them go and make a little money in the process.
If you haven’t heard of ThredUp, let me introduce you. It’s an easy way to make money from your items and responsibly recycle the rest. All you do is sign up, request a label or clean out kit, send your items in, and wait for your credits. If you use my link, you even get a $10 credit to shop when you’re done!
- You don’t have to leave your house, the mailman will take it.
- You can use any box you have as long as it fits the guidelines.
- No time to change your mind or reminisce about certain pieces.
- You don’t get to choose what they keep/sell.
- The payout isn’t a lot unless it’s nicer name brand clothing.
- Processing time can be lengthy, but the hard part is out of the way.
So what are you waiting for? Get started using my basic tips, and send your items on their way.