I’ve spent a good amount of time doing my own nails over the years, and I think this fall colorblock manicure is one of my favorites so far. It’s simple in nature, but the alternating pattern and half negative space add a touch of whimsy to it. Today I’m sharing a super short how-to do my favorite spooky-ish fall colorblock manicure without any special tools or talent.
Quick Fall Colorblock Manicure
- Start with bare and clean nails. Apply a base coat. I love Smith & Cult’s Basis of Everything.
- The color I chose to use for this manicure is a sparkly light black color called Bang the Dream by Smith & Cult. I’ve also used Smith & Cult’s Lo-Fi for it and it turned out wonderful. You will get the most out of this manicure by using a darker color because it adds more contrast.
- Hold your hands out open in front of you, see how there are 5 “pairs” of fingers? Starting from the left two outer fingers on your left hand (pinky and ring), make a mental note to pair them up. Paint the right half of your pinky, and the left half of your ring finger.
- Repeat for the next pair, right half of the left middle finger, left half of left pointer finger. Right half of left thumb, left half of right thumb, and so on. You can fix any errors or help straighten lines with a paintbrush and nail polish remover.
- Finish with a top coat. I love Smith & Cult’s Above it All because it is super shiny, dries quickly, and is an 8-free polish.