1. Clear Pouch / 2. Travel Tubes / 3. Coiled Bands / 4. Fine Hair Spray / 5. Hair Oil / 6. Shampoo / 7. Conditioner / 8. Leave In Spray / 9. 1″ Styler / 10. Half-Round Brush / 11. Tangle Teezer / 12. Fine Comb
One of the topics I get asked about most is my hair. I know it’s intimidating to have long hair, let alone to travel with it. Today I’ve partnered with ghd to bring you my best tips for how to travel with long hair. I always aim to pack lightly, and find that this setup works out best for me. Most of these pieces serve an important function, or are very versatile.
1. Clear Pouch / You will want this to make it easy to remove your liquids from your carry-on.
2. Travel Tubes / Don’t buy travel size products! These are perfect to store your shampoo, conditioner, and anything else you may need.
3. Coiled Bands / I swear by these. They don’t fall out of my superfine, yet thick, hair and don’t leave creases. They work in styles from topknots to braids.
4. Fine Hair Spray / This is a small can, only 2.2 oz and the top twists to seal it for travel. I love how light it is
5. Hair Oil / This is a natural based oil by HED. I swear by it and use it daily. It gives my hair a little extra shine
6. Shampoo / I love the Soma hair care line for a myriad of reasons, my favorite shampoo is the blonde silver type.
7. Conditioner / Again, love Soma. pH balanced, vegan, cruelty free, and natural. This is a light conditioner that won’t weigh your hair down.
8. Leave In Spray / I put this in a small spray bottle. I basically can’t comb my hair wet without it. It’s helped me get out the worst of knots.
9. 1″ Styler / This Rose Gold Styler by ghd is amazing and comes with a heat and travel pouch. You can straighten, wave, or curl your hair with it!
10. Half-Round Brush / If you want to skip the straightener and add volume, this brush is perfect for styling while blowdrying.
11. Tangle Teezer / This was a gift to me from Nancy and has been a godsend. My hair has never been easier to detangle.
12. Fine Comb / I use this to part my hair and smooth any flyaways. It takes up virtually no room in my case and I often pack it in my purse too.
So there you have it! My favorite hair styles when I travel is with my hair down, but sometimes I put it in a bun to keep it from getting tangled. I don’t pack a dry shampoo, but if I need to I sometimes use my bareMinerals translucent touch up veil as a dry shampoo. I never pack a blow dryer since I usually stay at places that provide one, or I let my hair air dry and touch it up with the styler. Sometimes I’ll let it air dry for the day, then curl it with the styler for dinner or night events. I braid my hair when I sleep to avoid tangles, and only detangle it with the tangle teezer out of the shower.
If you have any questions for me, I’d be happy to answer in the comments!
This post was sponsored by ghd. All opinions, text, and images are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make life here at Team Wiking a little sweeter.