My older son is almost nine years old and is really starting to want to dress himself. It’s easiest for me to ensure that he matches by buying clothes that pair together easily. To make life easier (and since sizes are consistent) I picked all items from J.Crew Crewcuts. I ordered some of this stuff for him but also threw in some extras for the mix + match aspect. Some of it he already had.
1. $28 Herringbone Cap / 2. $29.50 Trilby Hat / 3. $65 Kanken Backpack / 4. $49.50 Timex Watch
5. $29.50 Engineered Stripe / 6. $14.50 V-Neck Tee / 7. $45 Saint James Tee / 8. $35 Gingham Shirt
9. $49.50 Chambray Shirt / 10. $24.50 Sailor Tee /11. $45 K-Way Jacket /12. $39.50 Terry Zip Hoodie
13. $49.50 Sun Faded Chino / 14. $59.50 Dyed Denim / 15. $49.50 Slim Jean / 16. $54.50 Camp Pant
17. $28 Vintage Belt / 18. $14.50 Athletic Socks / 19. $88 Blue Suede Shoes / 20. $50 Adidas Samba
It’s almost fool proof. Except when he comes out of his room in the morning dressed head to toe in blue.
Wow that’s a lot of clothes!
This almost makes me wish I had boys instead of girls. This is a great way to give your child the freedom of dressing themselves without having to worry about them looking like a bum when they head off to school. Great piece!