This post is sponsored by Miss Jones Baking Co.
I’m finding more and more that when a special occasion comes up and there is baking required my mind always goes to the same place: delicious and easy! Whether I’m baking for a birthday, holiday, or other special occasion I find that more and more I lean toward using a mix instead of trying to bake something from scratch. A long time ago I discovered Miss Jones Baking Co. and not only are the products organic, almost all of them can be made dairy free (which is a big deal when you are allergic to dairy like me). Over the years I’ve tried the brownies, cake mixes, frostings, and cookies but I think these Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favorite by far.
- Miss Jones Baking Organic Cookie Mix, Sea Salt Chocolate Chip
- Ingredients for cookies (read label, can also be made dairy free).
- Coarse Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Packaging supplies like a wooden crate or box, padding/filler, and ribbon.
- Small succulent (2″) or other small florals like a sprig of eucalyptus.
- Hand cream or other small gift item, like a candle.
- Prepare cookie mix as per instructions.
- Use a standard size ice cream scoop (love giant cookies!) to portion mine onto a parchment lined baking sheet. It will make about 7 cookies.
- Give each cookie a generous sprinkling of coarse (not ground!) pink himalayan sea salt.
- Bake as directed, but because they are larger you will need to increase the cooking time to 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool while you prepare the gift. If you’re like me you’ll need to sample one to be sure they are “ok” to gift.
- Package up, taking care that the cookies are protected from the elements. I chose to put mine in a brown sandwich sleeve and tie off with ribbon.
- Bake another package of them for yourself because they are that good.
This post is sponsored by Miss Jones Baking Co. After meeting the founder, Sarah, at Alt Summit and professing my undying love for her brand, she was kind enough to have a few goodies sent over to me.
Those cookies look amazing! I would love it if my neighbor gave me some of these as a gift.
I love this idea for a neighbour gift! I totally love that the mix is organic.
I love that the mix is organic. Even when I’m indulging in junk food, I’d like it to be made with the best ingredients.
It makes me feel like it’s a little less “junky”, haha.
What an adorable gift to give this holiday season! I would love to try that baking mix.
These look delicious and I love the idea of packaging some up for the neighbours at the holiday season. I’d never heard of Miss Jones Baking mixes before but now I’m curious to try them.
Excellent idea! My next door neighbor is very close to my heart and she would adore a gift like this. I love the crate and packaging you used as well. It is simple yet classic!
Those cookies look delicious! This would also make a great hostess gift for those Thanksgiving and Christmas meals coming up!
Fresh baked goodies are always a nice gift for neighbors, or to take as hostess gifts during the holidays too. Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies — YUM!
These look delicious! Thank you so much for providing such detailed instructions.
Yes, always sample before gifting! I think Miss Jones’ cookies might be my new favorite.