I’d say I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, but I’m really dreaming of a neutral and simple Christmas that doesn’t stress me out. One Scandinavian inspired, without huge gifts and a tree so covered in decor that you can’t appreciate it’s natural beauty. This year I’ve really buckled down on the holiday clutter and today I am sharing my holiday decor with you. If a more simple version of the holidays is what you’re looking for, I hope it inspires you.
5 Tips to Have a Simple Christmas
- Ditch the gifts already. Seriously. Unless you know the person really needs something, time is almost always better and a more valuable gift to give.
- Pick a few traditions and do those. You don’t need to do every tradition for every holiday, it’s stressful to keep up and the ones you choose will be a better experience.
- It’s ok to RSVP “No” to family events if you need to. We usually see our family once for the holiday. Sometimes a quiet Christmas at home is absolutely perfect.
- This is obvious, but keep your decor simple. I have 11 ornaments on my tree this year, ELEVEN! I love to see it’s natural beauty.
- Slow down. Enjoy the season for more than just it’s commercial aspect. Be kind, help others, give thoughtfully and without expecting something in return.
SHOP SIMPLE CHRISTMAS DECOR:
What do you do to keep your Christmas simple?