This post contains affiliate links.
The one question I often get asked about my minimal closet is, why black? Aside from black being one of my favorite colors, I have quite a few reasons why black is the perfect color for a minimal closet.
10 Reasons Why I Wear Black
- Goes with everything. Jeans, slacks, swimwear, everything works in black.
- Travels well, since it typically absorbs light less wrinkles show.
- Stays clean longer, it’s very stain resistant and if you do happen to spot it some water will likely do the trick.
- Holds color well if properly cared for. Inside out, cold water only, line dry, please!
- Can be dressed up or dressed down. I have a little black dress I’ve worn both on the beach and to formal events.
- Can give the illusion of looking taller or slimmer, it’s quite flattering. It won’t reflect onto your skin like reds do.
- Is not a presumptuous color. It’s reserved and quiet.
- Timeless. Items that are black tend to transcend seasons more easily than it’s trendy counterparts.
- Neutral color – it puts the attention on you and not your clothing.
- Season-less. I have a woven black hat I can wear in the spring or fall, it looks fine in both.