Our Master Bedroom has been an ongoing project for the last few months (and a thorn in my side). Ever since we gave the boys their own rooms and decided to have a bedroom ofice, (aka moved our office into our closet, now our “Cloffice”), our space has been in disarray. It doesn’t feel like the peaceful refuge I want it to be, and instead feels like an ongoing mess that gets shuffled from one place to another. It’s not very productive for either of us to work, sleep, or get ready in and I’ve reached my breaking point.
1. CB2 Copper Arc Table Lamp / 2. Copenhagen City Buildings Map Print (Also, SF!) / 3. Marble Utensil Holder / 4. CB2 Mad Black Office Chair / 5. Ikea Tjena Box With Lid / 6. Christy Linens Odessa Throw (in actual photo ℅, similar here) / 7. H&M Linen Duvet Set in Light Gray / 8. West Elm Mid-Century Bed in Acorn / 9. CB2 Infinity 24″ Round Mirror / 10. Umbra Tesora Jewelry Box / 11. Rose Gold Hangers / 12. Rose Gold Umbra Senza Photo Frame / 13. Ikea Nordli 3-Drawer Chest
Above is my plan to rejuvenate our space, and make it feel a little more functional. Below I’ve explained a little more in detail about why I chose each item.
1. CB2 Copper Arc Table Lamp / This works as a desk lamp in the closet.
2. Copenhagen City Buildings Map Print (Also, SF!) / I don’t think this needs a huge explanation, I love Copenhagen.
3. Marble Utensil Holder / Not only is it marble (love!), it works as the perfect pencil holder.
4. CB2 Mad Black Office Chair / I haven’t been able to try this out yet, but it looks cozy and compact enough.
5. Ikea Tjena Box With Lid / For the top shelf of the closet to hide any unsightly storage.
6. Christy Linens Odessa Throw (in actual photo ℅, similar here) / This throw is soft and cozy, and I love the texture of it.
7. H&M Linen Duvet Set in Light Gray / We’ve had this for awhile now, sometimes it looks light blue instead.
8. West Elm Mid-Century Bed in Acorn / We’ve had this bed since our last room update and love it.
9. CB2 Infinity 24″ Round Mirror / For above the dresser in my new “walk-in” closet.
10. Umbra Tesora Jewelry Box / Love the size and lining in this jewelry box. It’s perfect to sort my baubles.
11. Rose Gold Hangers / Aren’t these magical? I want some just for display, haha.
12. Rose Gold Umbra Senza Photo Frame / Something to hold a photo or two of us.
13. Ikea Nordli 3-Drawer Chest / I love the clean look of these, and put some in my son’s room too.
I have a few more closet office ideas saved on my workspace Pinterest board.
[…] I’ve done a lot more thinking about small space living, whether it’s our master bedroom (which is now an office/workspace as well, though still unfinished) or the general lack of space […]
We have two office spaces set up in our apartment and both are multi use spaces.
The first is my office area which is set up in the hallway as you enter our apartment. My desk itself is nice and slimline (Ikea Besta Burs desk) and I have a nice replica Eames chair sitting at it, but there’s no storage space. This means that my desk is always cluttered and it’s the first thing you see when you enter our apartment so that really sucks. I need to come up with a nice looking storage solution that doesn’t take up much space.
The second office space is Kim’s which is set up in our bedroom. He also has a Besta Burs desk from Ikea but his desk always looks much tidier than mine – mostly because all of the filing and shared stationery etc is cluttered on top of and under my desk!
I love the colors that you’ve chosen for you bedroom/office. I think I need that lamp for my desk too 🙂
Love all of these pretty little updates!
Loving the white and black, and marble accents! Seriously my favorite decor combo ever!
xx, Bri || http://www.Neutral2Neon.com
Looks like a beautiful space!!
That throw looks so cozy!
Ooooh a bedroom office update huh? This looks so nice and bright. I want white in my house, but my boyfriend had the house in a darker color set and with the paint, it’s a bit tough to redo some of the design decisions. Maybe our first official home I can decide on the decorations 😉 xx adaatude.com
When we gave the boys their own rooms we had to give up our office. It’s not the best working environment right now and I’m so over it. Can’t wait until it’s done and I can share a full tour!
Love what you’ve picked for your bedroom!!
Charlene The Frugal Fashionista
Your bedroom office is so simple. I love how your using all black, white, and grey accessories.
Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com