Popcorn is a big favorite in our house, and I prefer to make it over the stove. I’ve shared my favorite stovetop kettlecorn recipe with you before but this olive oil and rosemary popcorn adds a slight twist to that. It would make the perfect snack for the big game without resorting to store bought or microwave packets.
10 minutes. Makes approximately 4-5 cups.
1/3 cup Popcorn kernals (I buy these organic white corn ones)
2-3 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
pink himalayan salt (or just sea salt)
large sauce pan with lid (Mine is glass so I can see the progress)
1. Place 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil and 3-4 popcorn kernals in an oversized sauce pan (with lid) on medium-high heat.
2. Once they start to pop, add remaining popcorn kernals and 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, then replace lid.
3. As popcorn pops, move the pan back and forth slightly so that the popcorn on the bottom doesn’t burn.
4. When most of the popcorn is popped (around 4-5 minutes), or when popping sounds slow to almost stopped, remove from heat.
5. Garnish with sea salt to taste and extra rosemary sprig. Additionally you can drizzle the remaining olive oil over the popcorn to add more flavor, but I usually leave this step out. Toss and serve.