This post contains affiliate links.
[dropcap2_large]I[/dropcap2_large]t’s reaching the end of citrus season here in California but I’m still holding out hope for our lemon tree. If you missed my last recipe post about lemon waffles, you have to be sure to check it out. During my last trip to New York I had the pleasure of grabbing lunch at Cafe Altro Paradiso. It’s truly a gem, both in design aesthetic and culinary sampling. While there I enjoyed a creamy lemon pasta that was to-die-for and didn’t bother my food allergies. Over the course of the last few months I’ve been trying to replicate a simple pasta dish inspired it in my home and I am confident that you’ll enjoy it too. Today I’m sharing with you my quick and easy creamy lemon pasta recipe. Although we may not be able to dine-out right now, I hope it brings you some of the joy I had while eating it.
Quick & Easy Creamy Lemon Pasta
3-ish servings, 15 minutes.
- 3 servings of pasta (I love to use Manini’s Lemon Thyme Gluten Free Linguini)
- 1 tbsp butter or non-dairy butter (I love Miyoko’s Creamery Vegan Butter)
- 1 tsp black garlic salt (My favorite is Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Salt)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 medium-sized lemon
- leaves of basil (optional, for garnish)
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook to desired taste and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3 tbsp of pasta water in pot. Place pasta servings in bowls.
- Set heat to low and return the pot to cooktop.
- Add butter, zest of lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to incorporate and warm all ingredients, add juice of lemon and quickly stir again to incorporate.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour sauce over pasta in bowls.
- If desired, garnish with more salt and pepper, and leaves of basil.
This recipe cooks up pretty quickly and is best served with a light summer salad. If you’re a cheese person, adding fresh parmesan would be appropriate.
If you love this recipe and would like to try out some of Ignacio Matto’s actual recipes, you can check out his best-selling cookbook, Estela.