1. Amelia Mini Bag / 2. Sunglasses / 3. Jewelry Bag / 4. Initial Bracelets (TW for Team Wiking!) / 5. Fancy Earrings / 6. Gel Coat / 7. Maxi Dress (similar) / 8. Shirt Dress / 9. Romper (similar) / 10. Blog-A-Lot Tee / 11. White V-Neck / 12. Neutral Tank / 13. Black Tunic/Dress / 14. Striped Skirt / 15. Cropped Pants / 16. Malliot Swimsuit / 17. Blazer / 18. Shopping Bags / 19. Split Loafers / 20. Shoe Bag / 21. Big Tote (similar) / 22. Comfy heels
This Travel Light post is very near and dear to me, as I live about 10 minutes away from San Jose, California. The weather varies in the summer and ranges anywhere from a balmy 90F to a comfortable 75F.
A couple of years ago I attended a BlogHer conference a couple of years ago and was unsure of what to pack. I feel like I have a better grasp on packing and blogging conferences now so I put together a Travel Light post for those who might feel a little lost. For those staying extra days, this will come in handy, and for those who aren’t, pay close attention to Days 4-6. Hopefully this will free up some space in your luggage for any goodies you plan to bring home.
1. Amelia Mini Bag – Can be worn as a crossbody or fanny.
2. Sunglasses – Good for all around wear, you’re in California!
3. Jewelry Bag – Don’t lose your goodies. Keep in safe.
4. Initial Bracelets – Something festive. I’d get TW for Team Wiking.
5. Fancy Earrings – Or anything else to dress up an evening out
6. Gel Coat – This is my go-to top coat. Will last a week.
7. Maxi Dress (similar) – Casual, can be dressed up with blazer.
8. Shirt Dress – Versatile, dress up or down.
9. Romper (similar) – Perfect day-to-night wear.
10. Blog-A-Lot Tee – Fun for a slow and comfy day.
11. White V-Neck – Comfortable and versatile.
12. Neutral Tank – Pair with multiple items.
13. Black Tunic/Dress – Dress up or down. Use as pool cover.
14. Striped Skirt – Another versatile piece.
15. Cropped Pants – Easily transformed from casual to dressy.
16. Malliot Swimsuit – Can also be worn as a top with dress or skirt, under.
17. Blazer – Use to keep warm inside conference or at night.
18. Shopping Bags – These are light and fold small when not in use.
19. Split Loafers – Professional and stylish.
20. Shoe Bag – I don’t like to get my other clothes dirty.
21. Big Tote (similar) – Perfect for travel days, carrying items.
22. Comfy heels – This stacked heel is much more practical than stilettos.
I’ve planned out a little itinerary for those who plan to make a substantial trip out of it. Again, if you are only coming for the conference you will want to pay attention to days 4-6.
Day 1 Arrive a few days before conference
Day 2 Relax, have a pool day.
Day 3 Finishing Touches
Day 4 Register / Pathfinder Day / Evening at the Expo Day 5 Conference Day-to-Night Day 6 Conference Day-to-Night
Day 7 Check out (or stay awhile)
Day 8 San Jose Museum of Art
Day 9 Post-Conference Meetings
Day 10 Head home Some other items that I like to pack are more obvious:
Phone – This is a given.
iPad – For browsing / checking in on blog.
Camera(s) – I use a different one at night.
Chargers & battery backups – Yet another given.
Notebooks – I like to take notes by hand.
Pens / Pencils – I like options.
Business Cards / Holder – I keep a box in my purse and holder in hand.
Some highlights from the last BlogHer I attended. Left to Right: Kudos! / Nancy + I / Kelle Hampton + I / The Marble Room in San Diego, California
Love your blog! have fun!
[…] also excited to put together another conference packing list, like I did for BlogHer. It will all depend on the party themes and weather, so I’ll have to […]
I swear I love your sense of fashion.
Love the color palette and that romper!
I love how you did this roundup, makes it seem so easy to pack so light. I wish I was going!!! waaahhh.
It is easy once you get used to it.
Thanks for sharing your outfits with us! I would love to be able to go to BlogHer sometime!
You’re welcome. Thanks for reading.
Enjoy! I totally should have made the trip this year. Your outfit choices are perfect!
these are great pieces for traveling! i love that they’re all within the same color palette so you can easily mix and match the pieces you have!
Those outfits are brilliant 🙂 have a great time at the conference!
Oh I love the last three pictures with outfits in the most – so classy! Looks like you had fun 🙂 I love the way you arrange your selections in photographs too, such a nice touch
Love these outfits, I always pack too much when I travel. Have fun at BlogHer!!
Love these outfits girl! I love how you can take few pieces yet mix them together to makes many different pieces. I am the worlds worst at over packing! So glad I found you through Grow Your Blog 🙂
How about you can be my personal shopper!? LOVE these clothes.
LOVE all of these clothes. I want them all!
Love love love this list of outfits!! Those strappy heels are gorgeous.
#22. “Comfy heels” sure are comfy. Love them!!!
P.s. I dislike that photo of me. Lol.
Love your picks! Have fun at BlogHer!
What a great post and list of ideas!
Love your outfit ideas – and I am so jealous that you met Kelle! I love her!
Great choices! Enjoy the conference!
This is really helpful! If I ever make it to a conference I wont be so lost!
Love the outfits!!
I want it all! But really
Love all of your clothing choices, especially the tunic and the swimsuit!
Oh my gosh I just wanna own all of this!
I’m dreaming so hard about the swimsuit and sunglasses.
I love the color palette for these outfits. Cute!
Thanks! I love neutrals and they are so easy to mix.
Enjoy Blogher! I wish I was going too but it was going to be too tricky with a newborn.
Maybe I’ll see you there next year 🙂
Thanks, I’m hoping I get out of it what I want. 🙂 I attended Alt last year when Søren was little and I just wasn’t ready to leave him yet, I ended up coming home early both days. There is always next year!